Join Academy Marquees
Current roles available at Academy Marquees:
The role is fulltime and will be working 5 days per week. However, due to the seasonal nature of the business demand, from time to time, you may be asked to work additional hours and days during high season. In this situation, the company will endeavor to provide sufficient notice and will allow 1 lieu day (for each complete day worked) to be taken with prior consent of the Operations Director, during the quieter months.
This is a full time site foreman role. Working closely with the Operations Director, you will be liaising with clients and suppliers via telephone and occasionally email, therefore good communication and written skills are necessary to ensure client’s expectations are met at all times.
The primary duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Management of labourers and sub-contractors
- To ensure manpower allocation is appropriate and recommend actions to resolve personnel issues
- Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Coach and train team members
- Assume responsibility for site inductions for new members of staff and labour
- Conducting Tool Box talks
- To ensure all on site personnel consistently follow procedures
- Provide ‘hands on’ support on-site
- Mark out the site and supervise the erection and dismantling of structures
- Carry out final inspections and sign off structures
- Control of plant, health and safety issues whilst ensuring compliance to the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- To highlight any Health, Safety and Security concerns to the Operations Director
- Completion of the necessary site paperwork (to include photos of all jobs )
- Provide the Operations Director with daily updates on work progress
- To ensure the product is of the highest quality and meets customer requirements
- On site visits, liaising with the client prior to order placement
- Liaising with client during event ensuring good quality customer service provided at all times
- To ensure warehouse kept in a clean and tidy order with all stocks accounted for
- To ensure all stock kept clean and in an ‘as new’ condition
- To recommend changes to procedures to improve efficiency
Essential criteria for the role:
- A wealth of experience in building and maintaining clearspan marquees
- Computer literate
- Organisational skills / ability to multi task & prioritise
- First Aid Certificate
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent decision maker
- Good leadership skills with the ability to delegate
- Management / supervisory experience
- Full UK driving license, a 7.5t license is desirable but not necessary as training can be offered
The right applicant must have strong supervisory skills to oversee crew members in a firm but fair manner, whilst ensuring full customer satisfaction. You must also be:
- Motivated by delivering successful projects
- Positive with a “can do” attitude
- Calm when working under pressure
We are currently looking for temporary rigging staff for the coming summer season. The work is physically demanding, involves working outdoors and can consist of working long hours and weekends.
If you would like to become a member of our dynamic young team then please get in touch. It is an excellent way to earn money whilst keeping fit in the summer, and may lead to full time employment. All our permanent staff started as summer workers and have been bitten by the marquee bug!
You will need to able to get to Fairoaks Airport, GU24 8HX on a daily basis. Experience is preferred, but not necessary as full training will be given.
All the skills you learn are transferable and have led to many of our employees working overseas in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Looking for a challenging and rewarding experience? If the answer is yes and you are:
- Aged 18+ years
- Based in the Surrey / Hampshire area
- Able to work flexible hours
- Full UK driving licence
Then you could just be the person for us, and we could be the company for you.